Duncan Motors at the same location since 1995. We pride ourselves on delivering a great product with first class service.
When you do business with us you have options. We can pay you cash for your car today or consign your vehicle for a 30 day term. We guarantee we will sell your car in 30 days or we will buy it for cash.
There are no headaches when you sell your car thru DUNCAN MOTORS.
QUESTIONS and ANSWERS
- How do we determine price? Kelly Blue Book is the most recognized place to value a car. Your car is valued based on:
- Condition (premium condition = premium price)
- Color (silver, white and black are most popular)
- Maintenance (service records do increase value)
- Carfax history (One owner and accident free are the best cars and we pay a premium)
- Your car will typically be worth about “trade-in” on a straight sell and close to “private party” on a consignment basis, therefore you will make more money if you consign the car. The difference is in thousands of dollars.
Visit www.kbb.com for basic valuation or we can do it for you. If you want to try and hit “pay-dirt” or “retail”, then best if you put on that salesman suit and get to work. Consignment makes you more money but we need to make a buck or two, because mom says we can’t work for free.
- Who details the car? DUNCAN MOTORS has the car professionally detailed when we receive car and re-detailed weekly. There is no cost to you. Our average cost is $150-$300.
- Who advertises the car? DUNCAN MOTORS advertises car on its website, carfax.com, carsforsale.com, craigslist, and many other sites. We take 15-20 photographs of your car to demonstrate the product. Our best advertising is our reputation and location. Our location is prime-time retail on the El Camino Real. We are surrounded by car dealers, but we have been here for 20 years and people know where to go when they want a nice car.
- Who smog’s a car? DUNCAN MOTORS, by law a car that is older than 4 years must be smogged to resell and register in a new owner’s name. We smog your car at no cost to you. We will also mechanically inspect car for free. We will only sell good cars. If you have a safety issue it must be fixed by our dealership, as we need to sell safe cars.
- Who register’s a car? DUNCAN MOTORS, we handle all paperwork and eliminate your liability. We do it timely and know all the legalities. No worries, you will never pay for a ticket or late DMV fees. Be careful there are a lot of wheeler/dealers that only want to buy and sell illegally which could mean tickets for you. ***”Curbstoner” is the technical term here.
- What about insurance? You must keep your insurance valid and will be primary for your car while it’s on consignment. If that is a problem we can add to our policy for a $100 fee. Our dealership is in a very safe location and we do not allow unattended test drives. We will safeguard your car and in 20 years have never had a claim on a customer’s car.
- Why DUNCAN MOTORS, because all of the reasons mentioned above, but foremost because you can trust us to give you a fair deal. 20 years in business is no mistake, and certainly in the car business. Fred Duncan’s grandfather was the oldest car dealer in San Mateo County. His San Mateo and Burlingame locations sold Willy’s –the old predecessor to Jeep. We are here to stay and will help you buy and sell.
- What next? Bring your car to DUNCAN MOTORS, we will appraise your car and if you are happy with the numbers we will sign a contract. Our contracts are approved by the State of California. We don’t need your title until we pay you. That’s fair. Some dealers want that title upfront, and that could be a trouble for you. We do need your car to have current registration or a non-operational permit.
- Please call Fred Duncan directly on his private line-(650)346-1536 and we will set appointment. The entire process takes less than 30 minutes and if needed we can pickup your car and/or deliver you back home.
Thanks for taking the time to learn about our consignment process and why you should do business with DUNCAN MOTORS.